Employees today have to manage manual processes, such as sharing, annotating, securing and storing data and documents, in order to keep businesses flowing. To help them achieve improved efficiency, Xerox has released updated versions of Xerox Digital Alternatives and Xerox DocuShare personal productivity solutions that automate document processing.
Xerox Digital Alternatives 2.0, a desktop and mobile assistant application, automates paper-based workflows helping to reduce the bottlenecks that can make routine tasks more difficult, i.e. remote employees being unable to access digital documents and version issues that happen when multiple employees update the same document simultaneously. The solution enables workers to initiate, manage and complete basic workflows from the application, rather than opening multiple programs, thereby improving productivity and performance. New capabilities include:
- Expanded signature support – with electronic signature capabilities, routines processes and approval times are faster. Xerox offers the optional DocuSign integration if signatures require an audit trail.
- Enhanced accessibility – users are able to access and edit documents that are shared within DocuShare, Xerox’s ECM solution, wherever they are.
- Extended support – a new Android table and Mac client app allows users to collaborate across platforms.
- Increased security controls – new access control and permission capabilities enable administrators to control the way business critical documents are shared.
Xerox DocuShare 7.0 is the latest release of their enterprise content management solution that has been developed to help organisations to capture, store, manage, retrieve and share information about every day business processes. Paper-based processes can be digitised, automated and simplified, on-premise or in the cloud, allowing employees to scan paperwork in to DocuShare for immediate processing by the relevant department. New capabilities include:
- Mobile-friendly, customisable interface – enabling users to customise the interface to their design and workflow requirements. Information is easily accessible across the web, desktop and mobile devices.
- Improved collaboration – web drag-and-drop features and the ability to download multiple files allows employees to organise and share data, thereby improving collaboration.
- Enhanced workflow tools – employees are able to create one-step scan to workflow, on-premise or in the cloud, to streamline and automate processes, meeting compliance regulations, through intuitive content rule and reporting capabilities as well as Xerox ConnectKey for DocuShare 1.5, improves productivity.
- Easy integration – connect with back-end enterprise resource planning and business applications without extensive setup requirements.
Andy Jones, Vice President, Workflow Automation, Xerox, said: “We’ve focused on deconstructing everyday office processes, delivering solutions that unite all devices, applications, files and file formats in the office or wherever you are working.” He added: “The products offer enhanced security and drag-and-drop interfaces for more convenient sharing of documents and data. They simplify how workers manage the electronic and hard copy documents they deal with every day.”